About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 90 - 3/31/2011

Kellyanne
My daughter called me this afternoon to see if I would watch Kellyanne while her and her husband went to a wake for a friend of theirs' father.  Naturally I said that I would.  I played with my little precious for just a bit and rubbed her tummy a bit--she seemed to have a little bit of a gassy tummy.  We had our little Nonna and granddaughter playtime and then I put her up on my shoulder for a little while.  Before I knew it, she was out . . .  Once I was sure that she was asleep, I put her in her bed.

Kelly told me that the cute little stinker doesn't want to sleep in her bed, especially on her back, but basically in her bed period.  So, I thought I would try her in her bed anyway.  The first time we weren't very successful, but the second time was a charm.  Kelly and Bill had come home, and we ate some Lasagna while she slept.  She stirred once, and I went in and gave her her passafier, rubbed her face and tummy a bit and she fell on off to sleep once again.  Now, how long she slept, that I don't know.  But I felt good that we got her to sleep in her bed for a little while.

It was nice babysitting Kellyanne tonight, and it gave her mother and daddy a little time to go out without having to pack her up just for a short trip down the road.

This isn't the best angle, but I wasn't about to put that flash in her face and take a chance on waking her up, not when I had been successful in getting her to sleep in her bed.  So, even though it's not the best shot, it will have to do as my picture of the day.  :-)    (Especially since that's the only picture that I took  lol)

5 comments:

  1. The picture tells a story all on its own. How nice that you got to babysit Kellyanne and put her to sleep. Precious memories in the making! Blessings, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sleeping baby is so precious.I have always loved holding a baby until they fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy joy! There are no grandchildren in my immediate future, but I look forward to the day there are. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the joys of being a grandmother!! I think your daughter is so happy having your around the corner...i wish my parents are here to enjoy their grand daughter..:( happy that you had a good time with your precious..i hope she continues to sleep on her back and in her bed...I am crossing my fingers for them, too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a sweet story! I love watching babies sleep - it's such a peaceful moment.

    ReplyDelete