About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 60 - 3/1/11

Kellyanne Elizabeth Moody
Born March 1, 2011, at 11:26 p.m. at Providence Hospital.  She weighed 8 lbs & 11 ozs.; 21 & 1/2 inches long.  I am not real sure that I took this picture, but I did crop it so that it was all about her.

Bill Moody & daughter Kellyanne
After mother and father had a little bonding time with Miss Kellyanne, we got to go to the room to visit with the family.  We entered the room to find the proud daddy holding his little girl.  What a sweet moment.  Then we all took turns holding her.  I think I left the hospital sometime around 2ish.  Was I a tired puppy today!

Kelly Kirkland Moody and daughter Kellyanne
After everyone had taken a turn loving on our sweet girl, we gave her back to her momma for a little bit.  Just as we were all getting ready to leave the nurse game to get her to take her to her warm bed in the nursery for a while.   Momma gave her little angel a kiss before she gave her to the nurse.

What a long day we all had, especially Kelly!  But when it was all over, we had a precious little girl--a wonderful gift from God.  Thank you Lord for Kellyanne Elizabeth Moody!

I feel so blessed that God has given me two great children, a wonderful son-in-law, and now two precious grandchildren--all whom I love dearly!  It just doesn't get any better than that!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I bet you are a very proud Nonna! My MIL was impatiently waiting for her grandson starting to call her by name. We are calling her "Grandma" - however Stephen decided to call her that sounds something like "Grandkraah" LOL, not sure where that's coming from and if it's still going to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! I remember well that first time I held my precious granddaughter.It was such a sweet moment.Enjoy this special gift from God and cherish every little moment with her.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!!! I love to listen when grandkids call their grandma Nona!!!! my daughter calls her grandma (on the father side) Dabbie and calls my mother MamaLa (short for Mama and Lola (lola is how we call grandmother in the Philippines))..

    I am so happy for you Cheryl. At first I thought something might have happened because I don't get to hear from you nor see your post!! But I am glad it was for a very beautiful reason! Enjoy every minute of her!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations...what a precious addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Cheryl!

    Wow - she is a good-sized baby for a firstborn!

    Nonna is a beautiful form of grandmother. I had never heard it before, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete