About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 68 - 3/9/2011

Bonnie Porter
Bonnie Porter is a local licensed therapist.  She has been such a blessing to our Sunday School class.  She recently taught a class on emotionally healthy spirituality. Unfortunately, I was only able to siet in a couple of the classes due to staying home with mother.  Still, I enjoyed the few classes that I sat in on.

Bonnie provided must needed help to our class on Sunday as she led us through a grief counseling session due to the unexpected death of our classmate, Robert "Bobby"Shaw.  She helped us to talk out our feelings about Bobby and to walked us through how to deal with our grief.

Thanks, Bonnie!  We really appreciate all that you have done for us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is a beautiful lady,inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very interesting Sunday! I would've loved something like that!

    ReplyDelete