About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51 - 2/20/11

Bobby, Charlotte, Randall, Lisa, Susan, Linda & Bev

Me, Lisa, Bobby, Charlotte, Randall, Susan, Linda, & Bev
 A week or more ago Linda fell and broke her leg in two or three places.  She was delirious with pain and tried to get up and fell again and broke her femur.  Linda and her husband are a member of our singles Sunday School class--The Pathfinders.  Yes, I said, "singles."  You see, they met in that class 8 years ago, and they just can't bare to leaves us.  So, we've let them stay.  Anyway, today several member of our class decided to swing by to visit her after lunch.  She was over joyed to see us.  She is such a sweet, precious woman, whom I just love so dearly.  Linda has many health problems and my heart goes out to her.  We had such a nice visit with her and I received a blessing from going.  Tomorrow, she will go to rehab for several weeks.

It was amazing that while we were waiting to see Linda, I found out that another dear woman I know had broken her hip and was in the room next to her.  So, I stopped in to say hi and visit her for a few minutes while there.  Then I left the hospital for a Sunday afternoon visit with my mother at the nursing home.  Whoo, it's been a busy day!

I posted two pics today simply because I took the first photo (which I am supposed to do for this 365 photo journey), and I am in the second one (it's obvious I didn't take that one  lol).  I wanted to post the second shot because it's a pic of the entire gang--well, those that were at the hospital today.  Thank you Lord for my church family!

We love you, Linda, and pray God's healing of your leg so that you can be back with your Pathfinder family soon.  AMEN!

6 comments:

  1. My prays are for quick and complete healing for Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she is okay now. I wish her a speedy recovery.

    www.utterlypicturesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy and sad news at the same time. What a great group of friends, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...hopefully she feels better soon!!! YOu have a great group of friends/class, Cheryl. Sending my thoughts and prayers to your friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they both heal quickly...how nice that you got to spend time with them before going to the nursing home to visit your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... I hope they both heal very soon. So sweet that she and her husband are still a part of the singles group!

    ReplyDelete