About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33 - 2/2/2011


You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
     my God turns my darkness into light.
                                                Psalms 18:28


The Lord is my light and my salvation
      whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life
     of whom shall I be afraid?
                                            Psalms 27:1

8 comments:

  1. Nice shot! I like the angle and the composition - lovely colours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such warmth a candlelight shows. Brings joy to the dark season

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EVERYTHING about this shot...the warm colors, the captured glow, the angle. Everything about it is brilliant! A+++++

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just linked to this picture. I hope you don't mind (let me know if you want me to remove it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nice comments. Feel free to link up, Michelle! It's nice to know that I'm on the right track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto what Michelle said. This is so beautiful and I love the verse is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the verse and the photo...I still am not happy with any of my own pics of candles...this is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to read these scripture verses again tonight. They are so comforting!

    ReplyDelete