About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 70 - 3/11/2011


I AM LOVED!

Today has been a really rough day for me, but instead of saying, "I don't know how I'm going to make it, I said, God will provide."  And you know what?  That's exactly what he did. 

A good friend called me this afternoon and took me to dinner.  We talked and laughed for the longest time while consuming what I know must have been an entire pot of coffee.  You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine.  I am thankful that God provided me with a wonderful friend to help ease my burden--to show me, that I wasn't alone.

I am also thankful for my family.  God has blessed me with two wonderful children, a son-in-law, and two beautiful grandchildren.  I feel so blessed beyond measure!  Since I now have the title of grandmother, one of my co-worker bought me this beautiful pillow that reads: "When a child is born so is a grandmother."  I display that pillow proudly, and even though it's probably not the "best" photo that I've ever taken, it fit my mood for today--a grandmother who loves her family!!!

I am so thankful that long, long ago, God loved me so much that He gave his one and only Son to die on a cross for me to purchase my salvation--the ultimate gift of love.  He has provided for me in the past, and He will continue to provide for me in the future.  And that confidence in my Lord gives me peace and joy.  

So, even though today was a toughy, as has been the past couple of months (some days more than others), I have only to look at the friend across the table from me tonight who talked and laughed with me for hours, or glance at the pillow that sits in my chair reminding me of my wonderful children and grandchildren, or remember the cross and empty tomb where my savior died and rose from the grave to know just what a blessed woman that I truly am.  When I count such blessings the tough things become a little easier and the heavy load becomes a little lighter.

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!
Amen!

Jesus Loves Me
Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

I'm so glad that Jesus loves me.  He always has and always will!

8 comments:

  1. I lik eyour thoughts and the saying on the photo is spot on and something we don't think of first when a child is born.

    Tuffe says thanks a lot for the greetingsong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you get to spend many hours with such a good friend and family. They do make the hard times easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m so sorry that you are having a difficult time.I was reminded the other day that God is good and everything He does or allows is good in some way.It took me a while to ponder that and I don't really feel it all the time.I made the decision to accept that ,whether I feel it or not.Rest in God my friend and allow HIm to carry you over those rough parts.
    Hugs,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, glad you were able to ease your pain with a good friend, and the knowledge that you are a loved grandmother! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, so sorry you're going through a tough time, but glad you find comfort with good friends and the Heavenly Father who loves you and cares about ALL the circumstances you're going through, whether big or small. ((hugs and chocolate))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so rough. I hope everything is getting better. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl: I so agree with what you have mentioned. I am sorry to hear about the rough time you have to deal and encounter. I think God made you experience it inorder for you to be tougher and stronger. I am glad that you had a friend whom you can talk to. Cheer up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comments here strengthen my spirit...I am learning to look more andmore to God my Father, wow, I have a Father who loves me and His Son...God the Son who lived and died for me and is now interceding for me in heaven...glory...what a God and Saviour we have...even He shares His Holy Spirit with us. Amen!

    ReplyDelete