I played around with the photo in post-editing until I got a look that I was okay with. The original shot wasn't anything to write home about. The azalea bushes were just beginning to bloom and so there were only a few blooms on the bushes. I leaned over to capture this shot. I had hoped the single blossom would stand out, but it didn't. So, I went into Photoscape and started playing around with it--resizing it, brightening it, making the colors richer . . . I don't recall all that I did in the editing process, but this is the finished product. I never did accomplish exactly what I wanted, but in the end, it came out okay.
Thank goodness for those days when we are photo hounds and have some photos in reserve! In the beginning I didn't think I would need "reserve photos," but life happens and photgraphy is a wonderful tool to capture those moments, but it is only a wonderful hobby!