About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 - 3/17/2011

Dr. Cynthia Blum Schneider
So, how does one celebrate St. Patrick's Day?  Well, you start by making sure you wear green so that you don't get pinched, which my friend Cindy and I both made sure we did today.  Then, you grab your friend(s) and go out and eat Mexican food.  :-)  Huh?  Yep, Mexican food!

Cindy and I met when I needed to take an English class for college and, fortunately for me, she happened to be my English professor.  We really hit it off and started hanging out together once the class was over.  We found out that we had a lot in common.  We are both born in the same month, our ex husbands have the same first name and so do our mothers.  She has a daughter named Gina and a cat named Mitchell.  I have a sister named Gina, and she has a son named Mitchell.  That's just the few things I can think about off of the top of my head. We just enjoyed each others company and could talk for hours!

This morning I saw Misty's blog where she had photographed an avocado.  It reminded me of this great Mexican restaurant down the road from where I work that serves the best fix-at-your-table guacamole dip.  I always thought that I hated guacamole until I tried this--that was the moment that I became a lover of guacamole.  It made me think of Cindy because we have frequented this restaurant so many times.  Well, I must have been on her mind too because she called me to go out for dinner and, well, you know where we ended up going . . .



Cindy & Cheryl at our favorite Mexican restaurant
 So, Cindy and I met up for a good meal, some fresh guacamole, some green refreshments, and a lot of  heart-warming laughs.  As I've said before, laughter is good for the soul. I enjoyed catching up with you, my friend!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. It's always nice to get together with good friends. Oh...and could please pass the guacamole....it's one of my favorite things that I know bypasses my stomach and goes straight to my hips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treasure to have a friend to share a meal with.Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, aside from my husband, i wish i really that one person whom I can consider "friend" who would be there for you through hi's and low's.

    it's always nice to see photos like this - a meal shared with two great friends.

    Your ending of your first paragraph cracked me up. That's exactly what we told to our other co-worker when she said they'll go out and eat at a Mexican Resto...LOL...well, actually that's the same thing with my family..only, we went to a chinese resto...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see you are good friends. Lovely shot of you :-) I love mexican too.

    ReplyDelete