About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 87 - 3/28/2011

This is one of those days when just one photo will not tell the story.  My friend Becky told me about how beautiful the azaleas were lining the walkway to the grotto.  So, after lunch we took a walk for a photo shoot.  While at the grotto, we ran into one of her work study students.  Here they are looking at the statue of Mary.

The Grotto on SHC Campus




The grotto is a beautiful place to visit, whether you or Catholic or of another denomination.  And this time of year the colors of the azaleas and other flowers that are in bloom are so rich, one can't help but see God's hand in the creation. The statue of Mary is beautiful as well. There is a bench nearby, and in the alcove part of the grotto people have placed angels, crucifix, nativity scenes, photos, etc.

Imagine yourself walking down the row of azaleas and sitting on that bench.  You are taking that quiet moment to spend some time alone with God. As a Baptist, I do not pray to Mary, but I do pray to God and you can too.  Tell him what is on your heart.  He will meet you here and will listen to whatever you want to talk to him about.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The azaleas are just gorgeous! Love the angle from the second close-up picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to God that we can talk to Him and worship Him where ever we are.This place is beautiful and must surely lead one to praise God for His love and goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Cheryl. Seeing this kind of images always reminds me of my mother. Thanks for sharing and thank you so much for the kind words you left on my latest post.

    ReplyDelete