About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 83 - 3/24/2011

Prunus Shirotae aka Japanese Flowering Cherry Tree
When I first saw this tree, I thought it might be a dogwood.  But a closer look at the blooms told me different.  Well, I knew that this wasn't a dogwood tree, but I didn't know what it could be.  So, I did a little research on the internet.  My search informed me that it is a Mt. Fuji Japanese Flowering Cherry Tree.  From what I read, the name of this double-flowering tree (Shirotae) means "snow white."


 The cascade of beautiful white blossoms on this tree are absolutely gorgeous!



God's creations are so beautiful, even if I didn't get a picture of a dogwood tree!  Who knows, I might even find one of those on campus.  The campus is so bright with a variety so many flowers in bloom.

6 comments:

  1. That is a GORGEOUS tree...and you're right, God's creation is AMAZING. I'm in awe every day by the beauty I see. Thanks for sharing all three, so we could see different views. I'm loving that blue sky peeking through all the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular.The first picture is amazing.I can imagine it enlarged and hanging on a wall.What a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh..the sun, Cheryl!!! Please send us some sun in here...:) those flowers are beautiful...love the specs of red and green on the first photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is amazing! I love how the blooms fill the top half of the picture. The third one is also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to shot a re-do of #2. I realized that I had managed to get a light pole in the photo, but it was the only one that came out clear enough to show the flowers the way I wanted to. So, I hope to retake that photo and replace it when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first picture - the close up is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete