About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 85 - 3/26/2011


I worked in the yard all day on Saturday, so even though I took several pictures I never got around to posting them.  I liked both of these picture and couldn't decided which one I liked the best.  Since I have posted quite a few flower photos, I thought I would post the squirrel and the flower photo.  The squirrel photo would have been better without the small tree in the background, but the squirrel didn't give me the opportunity to set up the shot, and I didn't have time to adjust what few settings I have that might have blurred the background--it might not have worked anyway.  lol   I still was happy that I was able to catch a close up of a squirrel (course, I did have to crop the photo a bit).

4 comments:

  1. The flowers are very pretty.Squirrels are so funny to watch.You got this one at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice series, cheryl!!! the flowers are pretty. i love how the whites just pop without over-exposing it...and the squirrel shot, it's amazing. you got it right. you go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! I love watching squirrels:)

    ReplyDelete