About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 64 - 3/5/2011

Loropetalum
Friday evening began a four-day weekend.  One would think that I would have had lots of time for taking pictures and visiting other blogs, but that just hasn't been the case.  It seems as though I have kept the roads hot since I have been off. 

On Saturday, I did some shopping and cooked a meal for my daughter and her family since they just came home from the hospital on Friday.  They were tired of eating fast food, so I made them a homemade chicken pot pie.  I brought it over and spent some time with my daughter and granddaughter (my son-in-law was sacked out--he hasn't been feeling well for a while).  Sunday was filled with church activities and visiting my mother at the nursing home and another Sunday School member who broke her leg in four places.  She is in a rehab center across the bay. By the time I got home I realized that although I had plenty of photo opps that day, I don't think I had even taken my camera out of the case. 

Sunday was also a sad day for those in my Sunday School class and church family.  Bobby Shaw, a leader in my Sunday School class was found dead at his home.  We were all saddened by the loss of our friend.  Many of us went out to lunch together just to be together.  Perhaps that's another reason why I never even thought about my camera.  My mother didn't recognize me when she first saw me either.  Somehow, it just didn't feel like a camera day.

Over half of Monday was spent at the auto mechanics getting my car repaired.  I did remember to take a pic or two there, which I will post for Monday.  So, I've got a lot of catching up to do, although I might have to do it a little along.  I enjoy looking at your photos and want to, as time permits, go back through what I've missed and see what you have been photographing.

Thank you so much for your comments on my work.  You have been so encouraging to me as I try to hone my skills and have fun taking pictures.

2 comments:

  1. With all that action,no wonder you had little or no time for photos.I am saddened to hear of the loss of this man.God makes no mistakes,so we just have to trust Him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, So sorry about your friend. :(

    I can imagine how busy you've been. Hope your daughter and the precious new addition are getting stronger and feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete