About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 146 - May 26, 2011



Wildflowers

I accidentally used the flash on this pic, which caused a lightening effect; but I kind of liked it.

More Wildflowers

B&W Conversion


I took about a dozen pics of these pretty yellow wildflowers that are planted next to my mailbox.  And although they looked great through the lens of my camera, many of them didn't look quite as clear when I started going through them on my computer.  One of my photographer friends told me that when a photo is slightly off, try it in B&W, so I did.  I did post a couple of the photos I took, but I also posted one of the pics that I converted to B&W.

These are not the best pics, but I have been down with a migraine and fibro pain all day today.  So unfortunately, I can't stay on the computer long to do much nor could I take the time do get out and take any better photos (it's also been bad weather--we've been under thunderstorm and tornado warnings today).

Praying for a better photo day tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your headache and pain on top of the bad weather :( Hope you feel better tomorrow and I hope you and your family are ok. Stay safe. I really like the B&W conversion. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flash definitely makes the first one pop! I love it when those accidents happen.
    Are you using the macro feature on your camera (the little flower button)? I found that if I get really close with my point and shoot, they come out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're not feeling well, hopefully tomorrow (today) will be better. Thanks for the b&w tip. Another tip that I really like is: Just when you think you're close enough to the flower, get closer. The bottom photo is my favorite. It reminds me of sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers are like a ray of sunshine on a cold,rainy day.I know the feeling of Fibro pain,mine has been bad the last while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your migraine clears up quickly:(

    I use that b&w trick, too, when I really love the composition of a photo, but the focus is slightly off or it turned out too grainy. It's a great trick, and it really worked for you because that b&w of the flower is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing so well, Cheryl. Sorry I don't stop by more, but I'm so behind. Your florals are great and, of course, Kellyanne is growing beautiful like her grandmother. Yellow is always hard for me to shoot--it's like the camera reads it as white and blows it out. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete