About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 138 - May 18, 2011

Kellyanne Elizabeth Moody

Lachlan McJunkin
 Today I worked almost 11 hours.  By the time I reached the house I realized I hadn't even thought about taking a picture. Nor did I want to go there.  So, today is another cheat day, I'm afraid.  I did take the first photo, but I didn't take it today.  I took it a few weeks back.  The second photo was also taken a few weeks back, but it was taken by Lachlan's other grandmother. 

As I glanced back through the many photos that I have taken since I started this 365 photo journey, I saw photos of flowers (lots and lots of them) and birds (finally), and landscape shots, and even some family pictures.  Photographically, I am very proud of some of the photos I've taken from each of these categories.  But the ones that are the dearest to me are the ones of my grandchildren--even the ones I haven't taken myself.

My children and my grandchildren are my heart.  I love them dearly!  So I decided that today, when I can barely hold my eyes open, I would post a couple of pictures of two little people who are dearest to my heart--Lachlan and Kellyanne.  Yes, I am a very proud grandmother (and mother).  I never knew that being a grandmother would be this wonderful, and that these precious little ones would hold such a special place in my heart like that do.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, they are both so precious! What a blessing! Thanks for sharing these... well worth the "cheat" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say,these little ones are sooo cute.I agree that being a Grandmother is one of the best things in life.I LOVe my granddaughter and cherish every minute I can spend with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable. Nice hat on Lachlan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat from Lachlan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious. I love the second one with Lachlan holding on to his hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your sentiments, Cheryl. The pictures of loved ones are the very best.

    I love this picture of Lachlan - he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete