About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 141 - May 21, 2011

Kellyanne - aka Sleeping Beauty

It's hard to believe that we've posted 141 days worth of pictures.  Some days I thought I wouldn't make it.  Today I thought I would be posting a photo from in the country, but I ended up not getting to go this weekend.  Then I thought I would be taking a photo of a newly planted satsuma tree.  My neighbor and I planned to plant the tree we got at Lowes a few days ago.  However, she wasn't feeling well, so we postponed it until another day.

Instead, I got something much prettier.  I got to take pictures of my favorite model!  Kellyanne!  I told my daughter that I would watch Kellyanne for her so that she could go over to a friend's pool to hangout with some friends for a while.  I was wanting to see Kellyanne so I told her to drop her off, if she wanted to too.  Unfortunately, Kellyanne has been fretful all day long.  I don't know whether she's teething early or what is going on, but everytime the little stinker would fall alseep, she would wake back up within about 15 minutes crying her eyes out.  And that has been the patter most of the afternoon.  She might sit in her boppy seat or coo with me for 15 or 20 minutes, then . . . start screaming her head off again.

So, even though I'm a tired Nonna, I'm kinda glad my daughter had the chance to get away today.  In  fact, Kellyanne is spending the night with me so that Kelly and Bill can have a night all to themselves!  Enjoy the night , Kelly and Bill. . . I've got sleeping beauty, and we're doing just fine!  I can always sleep Sunday afternoon.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Kellyanne grows prettier with each picture you post.I just want to reach into my computer and pick her up.I absolutely love holding and cuddling a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No picture of a tree or drive through the country (no matter how pretty the view) could compete with that bundle of cuteness. So nice of you to give your daughter a break. Babies can be quite a handful at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute!!! i can't resist looking at her!!!

    ReplyDelete