About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 134 - May 14, 2011

Come along with us for a day at the beach:

 
Melvin Moseley
 
Cheryl Kirkland
  I normally wouldn't post this many photos, but we had a fun time at the beach today, and I had a fun time with Melvin's camera.  :-)  So indulge me please and enjoy!





No beach trip would be complete without the friendly, but pesky, seagulls.  They fly overhead constantly looking for a crumb of bread or potato chip.  When fed, you can just about guarantee that some unsuspecting beach-goer with have the pleasure of being annointed with bird poop.  Thankfully, neither one of us were blessed with their droppings.



This group of young people tried to build this pyramid several times, but they never got anyone on top.  They made it to this second level and sometimes would start to get someone on the next level when. . .

 . . . they all fall down!

Awesome!

Cool!
The water sprays made for some really cool photos.  Unfortunately, or fortunately, however you want to look at it, I only posted two of those really neat looking pics.


Melvin and I wanted to stay out on the beach to see the sun set and get some neat sunset pictures.  However, the sun set behind some buildings that were behind us, which didn't make for a really great photo.  Not to mention, as the sun started going down the temps started cooling off quite a bit, especially since the breeze had been blowing all day.   We had both changed into jeans and t-shirts, but it was still a bit too chilly for us.  So, we loaded up our gear and headed to to the truck.

All in all, we had a nice, relaxed day at the beach.   The water is so calming.   We both had fun taking photos (mostly with Melvin's camera b/c I couldn't see through the view screen on my camera).  I love spending time like this with my sweetie!  It doesn't get much better than this.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks like such a nice day on the beach - just perfect! Love the 'cool' photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a GREAT day! I love the top two photos of you and Melvin. I'm glad you had a chance to get away and enjoy the sun and sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are really beautiful, Cheryl. I like the people pyramid in the ocean, and the sun setting picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete