About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 128 - May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I am slowly, but surely, catching up on posting photos to my blog.  Even once I get caught up, posting may be a hit and miss thing until I get my computer issues resolved.  I just pray that I will have enough bandwidth to post what I need to and then be able to visit around.  I have really missed blogging with my photography friends.


This morning I got up early and went to my church.  We had an AWESOME service.  Then, instead of staying for Sunday School, I headed over to my old home church to see my granddaughter dedicated to the Lord.  We had almost 2 pews of family their to support Kelly, Bill and Kellyanne.  It was so great.  Come time for the dedication, the pastor called up not only the parents, but the grandparents and great grandparents.  I took a few photos, but realized later that I took them on my daughter's camera, not mine.  So, instead of posting photos of Kellyanne, here is a shot of some of my hydrangia's in my yard that I took that afternoon.  It's interesting how some of the blooms on this bush are blue, some are a pink and purple and the first blooms are a bit yellowish.

Since, as I mentioned several days ago, my mother loved hydrangias, I decided to post this picture in honor of my mother, Helen Jean Bush Haywood Barnett; as well as my step mother, Jean Barnett (ironic, I know; don't know her full name); my daughter Kelly Michelle Kirkland Moody; my sister, Phyllis Elaine Barnett Crocker; my youngest sister, Regina Lynn Barnett Dunnam; and my niece, Amanda Kay Crocker Courtney, and Rebecca McJunkin (the mother of my grandson).

Happy Mother's Day, with love!
Cheryl Ann Barnett Kirkland

1 comment: