About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 129 - May 9, 2011


I don't know what kind of bush this is, but my mother loved it.  This bush is in my neighbor's yard and we have tried to grow our own from clippings, but so far not luck!  My boyfriend's mother has one in her friend yard and, on the day of her funeral, we took clippings from her bush as well, but we still have not been able to get a starter going.

The bush is beautiful when it's in bloom, and it is getting ready to bloom.  If I remember correctly, this bush has beautiful pink flowers on it.  One thing that I did notice as I was preparing to take this pic is that something is already beginning to eat on the leaves.  Some of them were shredded to the point that they looked like lace.  Does anyone know the name of this plant?

[I know that it is past midnight, but I have now official caught up; well, that is until tomorrow.  lol ]

Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you are catching up.Computer problems are so annoying.Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! good to see catching up as well...Cheryl, i can't thank you enough for the sweet and kind words that you have left on my page..It's really sweet of you!!!

    as for the magazines, i could not really recommend any to you for subscription. I go to the bookstore and just browse one after the other and get the one that I liked the best. each magazine has different things to offer to the reader. To save you money, try the library. They might have some other resources that are for free. I'll be posting other resources that i am using in the coming days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape and texture of the leaves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great composition of that first leaf. I really like how the lines draw the eye in.

    ReplyDelete