About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 127 - May 7, 2011

Kellyanne Elizabeth Moody
Today was Commencement at SHC and, as I've been saying all week, I will be so glad when that ceremony is in my rearview mirror.  Well, a little after noon, that's exactly what happened--I drove out of the gates of the College, and I looked in my rearview mirror and waved goodbye to Commencement until next year.

After the ceremony, I came on to relax and spend the rest of the day with Kellyanne.  She and I had a good time together and, naturally, I took lots of photos of her before she went down for her long, long nap (although many of them didn't come out like I wanted them to).  We are making memories together, and I love and cherish every moment of my time with her.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see you back. I was on hiatus for a couple or so days. Life has been busy..:)

    Your series are great, cheryl!!! But I can't pass up on this cutie bear!!! She's so adorable and look at how she've grown!! It was just like yesterday when you daughter gave birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting prettier each time I see a picture.This picture makes me want to pick her up and give lots of cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet and beautiful, Cheryl. She is really growing up!

    ReplyDelete