About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 99 - April 9, 2011

 

Melvin talking on the phone while grilling steaks.
Is this what is known as multi-tasking?  lol


If Melvin is in town on a Saturday night, we usually drive over to Longhorn's in Daphne to eat us a couple of good steaks and salad.  Time permitting, we will also end up at Bass Pro Shop for a brief shopping spree (or perhaps to look around).  But I know how much Melvin enjoys grilling and since the weather was so nice, I picked up two New York strip steaks that I caught on sale at Food World, we threw them on the grill Saturday afternoon.

He got a phone call while we were sitting outside, so I took my liberties with his camera and snapped away. I really got a lot of nice shots of him, but I chose one of my favorites to post.  And of course I had to post a photo of the great steaks that we ate that night for supper.  Don't they just make your mouth water?

1 comment: