About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 103 - 4/13/2011

Today was Honors Convocation at Spring Hill College. We celebrated our students' academic and extracurricular achievements.  In 2006, I was recognized at this very convocation.  But today, I was the coordinator not the recipient.  I put together the script, the program, the set-up, and ordered the food.

Below are photos of St. Joseph Chapel where the ceremony took place.  These photos were taken about 15 minutes before the ceremony started.  Everything was in place and the students were lining up outside on the Quadrangle near the Chapel.  The Chapel is so beautiful. I hope that you can get an idea of just how beautiful it is through these photos (but I'm not really sure that you can).
Sancturary

Altar/Sancturary


Sanctuary


Diploma/Award Table

Norma, the records secretary in the Registrar's Office, stands nearby the award table to make sure that all of the awards are safe until the procession walks through the door.  I take one last look around to make sure that everything is in place before the ceremony starts.  Everything looks fine, so now I take my seat at the back of the Chapel and wait for everything to begin. I've done my job!  It's time to sit back and watch the show.  Tomorrow, I will finish the prep work for the next ceremony--Commencement!  Say a little prayer for me!!!

P.S.  The lighting coming through the stained glass windows in the Chapel caused the photos to be a little yellowish, but I'm not sure how one would adjust for that.  I know that I couldn't.  It's a beautiful Chapel.

P.S.S.  Guess what? I just caught up on posting pics (except for the two that I really need to replace).  Yeah me!

8 comments:

  1. I attended a wedding there and it was gorgeous and reverent. Beautiful job, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole setting reminds me of when I was enrolled in a Catholic school. :) Nice that your computer is back up again..I am catching up for the two day that I was gone...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chapel looks beautiful! I bet there are tons of awesome photo opportunities there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very beautiful chapel!

    If you have an editing program where you can edit the color tint or the color temperature, try that. I can do simple edits like that in Windows Photo Gallery, in case you have that program.

    So glad you're back and caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! I just caught up on all your pictures...the magnolia is my favorite, then it's the campus painter, then it's Melvin and the steaks. I'm sure it's a busy time of year for you at the college. My kids are getting ready for finals already. Time sure flies. Anyway...you were missed. Glad to be back...and glad to be all caught up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a beautiful ceremony! The orange tint to your picture are because of white balance. If you don't have a way to adjust it in your camera you can edit it with the eye dropper by placing the dropper over a neutral color until you get the tint you want.

    ReplyDelete