About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 97 - 4/7/2011

Although I was a good girl and brought my lunch, I met Becky at the caf for lunch as usual.  Since I didn't have any student workers today to run errands for me, I decided to go by the mailroom to pick up my mail on the way back from lunch.  While on my stroll from the caf to the mailroom, I saw two people sitting near the Grotto painting (tripod and all).  Well, my curiosity was peaked, so Becky and I walked on over to the Grotto to see who was there and what was going on. 

These two strangers didn't look like any of our students and I didn't know their instructor, but I thought . . . hmmm, this might make a nice POD.  It would be something different. So, I decided to ask this young lady if she'd mind if I took her picture while she painted.  I briefly explained my 365 photo project, and she said it was okay to take her photo.  As I looked back over the three or four photos that I took, I can see some things that I would do different next time (that is if I remember to take the time to set up my shot properly).  The more photos you take, the more you learn.  And, isn't that what the 365 photo project is all about.

Anyway, I thought that this would be a welcomed change from taking my usual pictures of flowers (especially since most of the blooms have just about faded from most of the flowers on campus, with the exception of a few rose bushes).  I am still waiting to get a photo of those elusive birds, but I am being patient.  I know that I will get my opportunity soon enough.

6 comments:

  1. Just happened by from Ruth's blog. What an undertaking...365 photos. I take a lot, but don't know if I could do this. What a wonderful way to record your life. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so brave! I love your tag of 'random people'. Maybe I'll have one of those one days as well:)
    I also find that I am learning a lot after the fact when looking at the picture. I don't always see everything in the moment the picture is taken but always notice it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job asking her to take her picture! I once asked a Japanese lady who didn't speak any English if I could take her picture for my project last year. I "think" she said yes :O) he he Great job and glad you are growing in your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I wish I could paint, especially like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud you for always asking people if they can have their picture taken. That's what I am missing. I always don't have the nerve to do it. I am always shy. So, if I can't snap a photo, I take stolen or settle for something else that I don't to ask permission...:)

    I am still catching up with everyone's blog. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete