About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 100 - April 10, 2011 YEAH!


Day 100 - We did it!!!  I am finally getting around to posting my photos for the past week.  Just like Day 99, this is not the picture I had planned to post for Day 100.  However, just as the day before's photo, today's photo is on my home computer, which I cannot get to post to the blog.  So, I am posting directly from my camera, and this will have to do.  Again, stop back by if you get a chance and hopefully I will get to replace it with the beautiful bird photo that I FINALLY took.  Yes, I finally captured a bird feeding in my front yard!

I'm not exactly sure what happend to the background on this photo.  Some of the pics turned out rather light, but two of the pics I took showed up with a very dark background.  I didn't really like either of them that well, but since I don't have access to the other pics to post, I guess these will have to do in the interim.


I am enjoying seeing my rose bushes bloom, even if it's only one or two blooms at a time, since the rest of my flowers are now withered and gone.

Well, I am thrilled to have posted my 100th photo!  I am happy to have made it this far with all of you friends and neighbors.  I look forward to experiencing 100 more days of this 365 photo journey.  I have learned so much from each and every one of you!  Thanks for sharing this photo journey with me.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the dark background in the first picture.Of course Roses are my all time favourite and so you can't go wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the one with the dark background - especially when the flowers are a bright yellow - makes the color pop even more.

    ReplyDelete