About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 95 - 4/5/2011

Broken Birdfeeder
Several weeks ago, Melvin bought and hung me a bird feeder.  Unfortunately, the crazy thing didn't want to stay put.  It was held together with plastic/rubber-type staps of some sort and staples and the straps kept slipping out of the staples.  Well, I had tried to clamp the staples down tighter so that the straps wouldn't come lose.  I would also put only a small amount of bird seed in the feeder at a time.

However, we had a pretty bad storm come through the area last night.  This morning when I woke up and looked outside, I found the birdfeeder shattered on the ground.  A squirrel was nearby eating up some of the seed that had fallen on the ground, so he didn't mind at all that my bird feeder had fallen.

I'm sure that my handy-man, Melvin, can put it back together, but I don't think we'll be hanging it back in the tree as it was before.  We will be looking to find a sturdier way to hang this feeder or we will try to find another one. 

In the meantime, I will supply bird feed to the feeder next door.  My next door neighbor does not use the feeder, which was bought by the previous neighbors.  So, I decided to fill up their feeder along with mine.  I saw a bird on their feeder this morning and a squirrel on the ground eating the seeds that had fallen to the ground.  Now, to get close enough to one of those little creatures that have been evading me for so long -- birds!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad this one broke.I do hope you get to have a photo session with some of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that it broke. :( I hate when stuff like that happens. But...maybe it'll turn out for the best after it's fixed. Since you weren't getting many birds, maybe you could try a different height this time. I had one feeder that didn't get any activity until we raised it farther up into the tree. Now it gets lots of activity. Not sure if that'll help or not, but it might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've also had some storms in the last few weeks.. crazy weather..

    ReplyDelete