About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28 - 1/28/2011

Many of the Spring Hill College students drive cars on campus, some of them quite expensive cars;  but you will also see other students, and faculty, who peddle their way around.  In the past few years, Spring Hill's campus has become primarily a walking campus.  So, one either walks across campus or rides a bicycle, unless you are fortunate enough to have a golf cart. (Okay, I will admit to driving my car to a meeting if the meeting is all the way on the other side of the campus.) As a result of so many bikes on campus, we now have quite a few bike ramps placed here and there for the campus communities' use. In fact, anyone parking a bike on the sidewalk instead of in a bike ramp will be fined.  Even the College's president, Fr. Salmi, rides his bicycle to work most days, leaving his presidental parking space empty.  I've never noticed, I wonder if he has a presidential bike space.  Hmmm, maybe I'll have to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Great angle. I also like the yellow with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does. It is under the back stairs to his office. But it doesn't have a marker. Maybe we need to work on that! :)

    ReplyDelete