About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20 - 1/20/2011

Once again, I was unable to take any pictures today.  It is now 11:32 p.m., and I am exhausted.  I spent the night at the hospital with mother, got to work at 11:15 a.m. worked  until 4:30 p.m., and then left to go meet the social worker at Allen Memorial.  I left there at 8:00 p.m. to come home, feed the dog, eat, gather mother's clothes and other belongings, fill out paperwork (which I haven't done yet), and post my PODs.  Well, I'm afraid I need to cheat again and post a photo from a previous day--Day 17.  I promise to get back on track tomorrow; although, tomorrow is going to be a rough day, since mother will be admitted to a skilled nursing facility tomorrow.

I lost this tree during Hurricane Katrina.  When the tree snapped, my daughter almost lost it.  She went to the door to look outside because she feared that the tree might have landed on her car.  To our amazement, the tree had fallen right towards her car, but didn't land on it.  Instead, the leaves on the tip top of the 40-foot tree (or however tall that super tall tree was), lightly brushed the side of her car, but that's all.  I don't think it even caused a scratch.  She hadn't had the car very long and was in tears at the thought that her new car was still in one piece and wasn't flat as a pancake.

The tree stump has changed a bit since Katrina took its top off.  Lines have weathered its top and it's now marked with extra holes in it made by yours truly, me.  I drilled holes in the top of it and filled them will stump remover.  I thought that would be cheaper than having to pay someone to come out and grind it up.  Well, some of the stump has deteriorated, but the majority of the stump still remains in the middle of my yard as a reminder of that fierce storm that ravaged the Gulf Coast.

I hope that this photo will suffice for today and that things will go well with my mother so that I can rejoin my 365 photo journey tomorrow, January 21, 2011.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment