About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21 - 1/21/2011

Nurse, Mother, Tina, & Mary Stewart
 Mother was admitted to Allen Memorial today for rehab.  The staff at Allen was so friendly and welcoming to her and to us, her family.  We already feel like family. I am so thankful!

The facility even has cats, dogs, birds, and a pot-bellied pig.  Two of the little dogs are small like our little darling Bridget (Angel and Abbie).  I know she is going to fall in love with them.




It's obvious that I didn't take the picture above, since I am in it (I'm the gorgeous blonde on the right  lol).

Sign placed on her door to welcome her to Allen Memorial.


Phyllis Crocker, Cheryl Kirkland, Regina Dunnam, David Barnett
After spending all afternoon at Allen Memorial with mother, my brother and my sisters got together at Aztecas for dinner.  Regina (Sista #3) hadn't eaten all day, except to nibble off of mother's plate.  She fell asleep at the table while the rest of us were talking.  It was so nice for all of us to get together. It's so rare that we get to do that, since Sista #3 lives out of town.  Once again, I added a photo into the day's blog that I didn't take because it deserved to be part of today's photo journey.

So, even though I wish mother was at home with me tonight, I know that she is where she's supposed to be.  She is with people who can take care of her much better than I can right now and who will show her lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with your family. I hope she feels better soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a wonderful place for your Mum to stay at. So welcoming and personal. Dogs at those places are great, we have a few of those. Never heard of other animals though, must be great for all old animal lovers and helps the healing process to

    ReplyDelete