About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 - 1/25/2011

Sodality Chapel - Spring Hill College

Sodality Chapel - Spring Hill College


Sodality Chapel - Spring Hill College
 It was a dreary, rainy day on campus, but the campus has so many beautiful buildings and scenes worth photographing come rain or shine.  I wasn't able to get out during the middle of the day, but I was able to capture a few shots after I got off work, just before dark. The gardens near the Chapel and the old chapel itself are not only picturesque but it's a peaceful place with three or four benches where students, faculty and staff can go to eat lunch or just enjoy the scenary and pray.  I haven't yet seen the inside of the chapel.  I hope to take a look-see and perhaps get some photos to share with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a peaceful place. I like that you captured from different angels. I'm glad you enjoy my photos and yes, I have learned a lot partcipating in the photochallenge. By looing at others posts, by the comment I get (by commenting yourself you get more comments back but... it takes time) I se the world in a different way and I do photos of things I never thought of before. As I show most of my photos SOOC, except from cropping, I'm amazed by the work lots of the participants do with their photos. However I try to make the most of the photos I take just as they are :-). Another + for me is practicing writing english (hard to get the sentences right but I'm working on it) and also I get to visit parts of other countrys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice captures. I especially like the last one with the building lit up to the right.

    ReplyDelete