About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 - 1/11/11

Today was the first sunshiny day we've had in a while, but the photos that I took during the middle of the day didn't seem to compare to the ones that I took this evening at twilight.  I recently read an article that talked about the special effects of taking pictures at sunset and twilight.  So, when I left work today I thought I'd see what kind of pictures I could take. Since I normally leave work this time of year when it's completely dark outside, I don't usually have the opportunity to take many pictures at this time of day.  It was neat to see the outcome of my photos.  I took about 40 pictures through out the day and froze my little fingers off doing so (SHC has a million and one photo opportunities) and, one again, I really had a difficult time picking out a POD.  I picked a couple for publishing that I thought might be photo worthy.  As I get more confident in my photographic ability, perhaps it will become easier to pick that one special photo as a POD. 



Library Courtyard, SHC Campus at twilight


Looking out over the city of Mobile from the Spring Hill College campus at twilight.

New Hall Lawn (SHC campus) at twilight


South side of the Burke Memorial Library (at twilight)


St. Joseph Chapel (SHC campus) at twilight



Bridget - my Pomeranian
 Bridget came up to me while posting my pictures, and I just couldn't resist adding her cute face to the mix of photos.  Well, tomorrow is a new day, and I'm looking forward to what the lens of my camera will find.

3 comments:

  1. It gets easier as the year progresses. January and February are just blah ... I love the chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! There are so many beautiful scenes on campus, but learning how to shoot the right angle and so on so as to take a good photo, well . . . that's a little tricker. I am going to ask my niece look at some of the photos that I took today to see if there were any that were "good" and then to help me know why and why not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the story behind you photos, gives so much extra to them

    I've been with the Virtual Photowalk last year and I've seen a lot of imressive photos. As being an almost always point-and-shot photographer who shows my photos SOOC I can't compete with all fantastic photos but... I've learned a lot, I see the world in a different way through my camera and the comments you get are precious! also i improve my english in writing, an extra + for me :-)

    The photo of Bridget really shows her personality

    Christina, sweden

    ReplyDelete