About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - 1/23/2011

Pheres Pickett welcomes me with her usual smile.


Jack Granade, Sunday School Director, making announcements.

This morning I went to Sunday School and church for the first time in several months.  It's been rather difficult to get mother and me ready, so I've just stayed at home with her.  It was nice to see so many of my friends and their smiling faces and to receive all of the warm hugs from my Christian brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

  1. How's your mom doing? I'm still praying for her...and for you. Glad you were able to go to church. The Sunday school director looks like a really nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers, Michelle! Mother is in a nursing home and is doing well, although her memory isn't good. She has some difficulty eating and drinking on her own. We don't know yet whether her stay is short-term or long-term, but she has Alzheimer's and needs assistance, so . . . Thanks for continuing to keep us in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete