About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 191 - July 10, 2011

An unusual tree.  Female perhaps?
Looks like she's wearing lipstick.  ;-)  I'm just saying . . .

This tree is located outside of Dick Russell's BBQ in Tillman's Corner.  Definately glad that I always carryh my camera with me.

I'm still behind on my Bible study, and visiting blogs.  Now I have a sore throat.  I can't seem to get caught up with everything.  I've been spiratically hitting a blog or two here and there.  This summer Bible study is so important to me. It's called Breaking Free, by Beth Moore.   I need to know victory from the bondage that has so long held my life captive.  So, my Bible study comes first (besides having to work and taking care of my health, which has been a little fragile), and everything else has to fit around that.  We are getting to some very difficult material, and I covet your prayers over these next few weeks.  I believe that I will be able to keep up with the blog and the Bible study, I just may have to limit my blog visits.

I know that many of you juggle as many things as I do and I applaud you for your organizational skills.  My goal is set on the prize--being freed from bondage (1st) and completing this 365-photo journey.   I look forward to visiting you later this week.

2 comments:

  1. BIble study should always come before blogging.Hope all goes well and that God can accomplish His purpose in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tree ornaments.

    ReplyDelete