About Me

My photo
I am usually typing on a computer most of the day, but today I am trying my hand at a new project: My 2011 365-Day Photo Journey. I gained a love for photography when I was required to take a fine arts class for college--I chose photography. The course required a lot of work--Professor Loehr saw to that--but it opened my eyes to a new world. It's been many years since I took that class and I don't know how much I actually remember, but following Laura Delagal's 365 Photo Journey and watching my niece's love for taking pictures has peeked my interested in photography again. Although I don't have a professional camera, I did receive a really nice Sony digital (point-and-shoot) camera from my sweetie for Christmas this year. Going through some difficult times in my life, I thought that undertaking my own 365-day photo journey might be a way to relieve a little stress and have some fun with my new toy. Through this journey I will capture some of life's joy and its pain, but I will also be able to refocus the lens of my life on the many wonderful things that God has created. Well, here goes. Wish me luck!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169 - June 18, 2011





It's so nice to see raindrops on anything.  We have had so very little rain in the past month until most of my grass is completely brown and growing anything, unless you water it every day, is out of the question.  I liked the way the light caught the water droplets in the first photo.  I added starburst in the second photo.


I also added a third photo that I didn't take at all.  Actually, that's not true.  I think I did take the photo using the camera that my sisters and me gave my dad for his birthday/Christmas present a couple of years ago.  It's a pic of my dad's wife.  Today is her birthday.  She has been such a blessing to this family.  Dad couldn't have picked a better woman to marry.  We love her dearly and so glad that she is a part of our family.


Mama Jean (left) and Phyllis (right)
 Happy Birthday, Mama Jean!  I hope you had a GREAT day!!!  I never managed to catch up with her today, but I left her a message on the phone. We will have to celebrate her birthday with some good Mexican food.  Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. I love those raindrops on the buds.I on the other hand have had all too many opportunities to photograph this sort of scene this spring.We are having a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the rain! We finally got some here, too. It looks like your crepe myrtles are waking up. They're such pretty trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain is always beautiful, especially in a drought. Nice little sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely light in the first! Love the starburst in the second!

    ReplyDelete